Author Topic: New Website  (Read 1052 times)

andrewj

• Developer
New Website
« on: September 13, 2009, 04:22:25 AM »
I have uploaded the new website I've been working on for ages, well seems like ages anyway :mrgreen:

Check the Credits page and let me know if something is wrong or missing about your entry.  Proper credits is really important.

The site is missing a page for Screenshots.  I think we should wait until all the DOOM themes are working properly before making some screenies.

Please report any other problems with the site.  I'm planning more pages in the future, like a whole group of pages for a Modding Guide.

Finally, now the new website is up I can start thinking about the next release, probably in one week (Sep 20) or in two weeks time (Sep 27).  Probably my main goal is to have the other DOOM themes (HELL and URBAN) working properly.  Feel free to discuss other things that could/should be in there.

Glaice

• Contributor
  • Veteran OBLIGE modder
    • The Doom Video Vault
Re: New Website
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:19:52 AM »
Looks more professional as opposed to the first version of the website.  ;)

enhas

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »
It does look a lot better and I like that it has a bit of documentation about the program now, even if it's pretty easy to understand anyway.

As for the next release, I think too that the themes are the highest priority.  After that, maybe try to put some basic scenery in them (candles, lamps, etc...).
CROWD: What do you want?
FRY: Fry's dog!
CROWD: When do you want it?

Glaice

• Contributor
  • Veteran OBLIGE modder
    • The Doom Video Vault
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:33:53 PM »
If the themes system is all set up, feel free to mail me templates so I can set up themes for TECH, URBAN, HELL, NATURE and CAVE. Also, I'll second the scenery stuff that Enhas speaks of, so it gives rooms a bit of atmosphere.

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:48 PM »
NATURE and CAVE don't exist as separate themes anymore.

URBAN now covers the 'natural' stuff, and both URBAN and HELL will have cave areas, e.g. muddy caves in URBAN and REDROCK caves in HELL -- though cave making is not implemented yet.

I'll make a beta package available in a day or three...

enhas

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »
With upx you can compress Oblige.exe down to about 320 KB from roughly 840 KB by using "upx --ultra-brute --overlay=strip --all-methods --all-filters Oblige.exe".  It doesn't have any negative effects on the program either as far as I can tell.
CROWD: What do you want?
CROWD: When do you want it?

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 09:45:22 PM »
Thanks, but I probably won't bother, zip already compresses the exe pretty well (less than half size).