Author Topic: Complex of Desire - a new obligewad *COMING S00N*  (Read 316 times)

ScooT9

• I make bad doom maps so i use oblige to gen them
Complex of Desire - a new obligewad *COMING S00N*
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:24:42 AM »
Introducing: The Complex of Desire - a new "obligewad". It of course was made with Oblige 7.50 and it's different from the others. How? Well, i'm not using the "Full Game" option in oblige, and i just use "Single Map" so i can make every map seem different from the others and introduce you to new weapons on later maps, instead introducing you to the BFG 9000 in the FIRST level of the wad. There's no story yet.
Here's what you've been waiting for: SCREENSHOTS.   *This obligewad is not finished yet*

Herculine

Re: Complex of Desire - a new obligewad *COMING S00N*
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:38:08 AM »
I really like this idea and have been thinking of doing something similar myself. What I have done is generate a few full-game mapsets and then once I have reviewed them, I will take the most unique and memorable maps and compile them into a showcase megawad. It sounds like a bit of work but it's fun too.

ScooT9

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 06:44:59 AM »
I really like this idea and have been thinking of doing something similar myself. What I have done is generate a few full-game mapsets and then once I have reviewed them, I will take the most unique and memorable maps and compile them into a showcase megawad. It sounds like a bit of work but it's fun too.
Well, i am not generating a fullgame mapset and instead i choose to generate one map, then preview it on a map editor, and then if it's actually good, then i'll compile the map into the obligewad and then, after i compiled several other maps into the wad, i'm going to playtest the wad, then generate some other maps, and the cycle begins. I'm also implementing new music (taken from web) and textscreens. I'm playtesting the wad now.

ScooT9

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 06:55:50 AM »
Here are the names of currently finished maps:
Map01: Entry Point
Map02: Tech Bunkers
Map03: Caves of Death
Map04: Outdoor Plant
Map05: Demonic Bunkers
Map06: Tech-like Corridors
Map07: Death Arena