Author Topic: ObHack 008.3 plans: Let’s just fix stuff  (Read 2098 times)

Gadavre

Re: ObHack 008.3 plans: Let’s just fix stuff
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 02:44:57 AM »
Please answer Which lines in the file with the extension "lua" need to edit to make the room even more?
It seems to me  the rooms in Obhack quite small...

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 04:06:56 AM »
Look for "cell_size" value in the file x_doom1.lua

Gadavre

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »
thank you!!!
I increased the value of these variables:

The original value:
cell_size = 9,
cell_min_size = 6,

My value:
cell_size = 12,
cell_min_size = 8,

The room was large in size and the game became more enjoyable!

And what does this variable?
plan_size = 10,
what happens if the value of the variable will be increased? I did not notice the change
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:05:12 AM by Gadavre »

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »
And what does this variable?
plan_size = 10,
It is the number of rooms in the grid, so a grid of 10x10 possible rooms.

Increasing it won't change much, since the number of quests and the number of rooms is not affected by it.

samiam

• ObHack random map generator
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
Fritz added support for larger rooms in ObHack 007; the largest room size seen in the GUI is the largest room size the ObHack engine will support. If someone tries to make the largest room any bigger, ObHack goes in to an infinite loop and fixing it is too much unpaid work for me.

The final release of ObHack is ObHack 008.3, available here: http://samiam.org/obhack/

Gadavre

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 08:33:30 AM »
Fritz added support for larger rooms in ObHack 007; the largest room size seen in the GUI is the largest room size the ObHack engine will support. If someone tries to make the largest room any bigger, ObHack goes in to an infinite loop and fixing it is too much unpaid work for me.
I dont understand why you limit the modding of your program? Your program has appeared thanks to the developer andrewj. andrewj has created the Oblige 0.97. He didnt limit modding in this version. He didn't block modding in this program, and you have modding for an unknown reason partly blocked.  You would not be able to make the Obhack without its source code and its free help.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:05:55 AM by Gadavre »

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 06:03:35 PM »
Hmmm, I don't think samiam was talking about deliberately limiting what modders can do.  I think he just meant there are bugs in the generator if you make certain numbers too high, like the room size.

Every version of Oblige has limitations like that.

Gadavre

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 12:41:38 AM »
Every version of Oblige has limitations like that.
ObHack goes in to an infinite loop and fixing it is too much unpaid work for me.
Sorry Samiam and andrewj. But if I were a developer, I would try to fix all the issues. I would have done it for free. And the Level Maker would be ideal for modding. Many players from around the world and not only programmers would make their Modifications in the future without great difficulties.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:06:25 PM by Gadavre »

samiam

• ObHack random map generator
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 10:33:48 PM »
Guess what, Gadavre. You are now a developer. You are free to take Oblige or ObHack, and modify it any way you want to. You can fix all of the issues, and you can make the level maker ideal for modding. And you can do it all for free.

Fritz maintained ObHack for a while and made a lot of improvements; no reason why you can’t do the same.

The attached image shows what open source development is like.