Author Topic: [FIXED] Oblige 6.20: "make install" fails unless you are in subversion  (Read 926 times)

jeremy_henty

The new Unix-style Makefile (for which I am grateful) uses "svn export" to create the "games" script directory. This fails if you try to install from an unpacked *.zip because there is no .svn directory so "svn export" fails immediately.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:41:57 PM by andrewj »

andrewj

• Developer
Oops :o

I will fix this soon.

In the meantime, you can run Oblige from the current directory like this:
Code: [Select]
./Oblige

redrage

Wow, i'm not the only one who compiles Oblige from time to time.  ;D It's so much fun to see it evolve over time. I check git pretty much everyday to see what Andrew has been working on and if it sounds interesting I'll download a snapshot.

I run Windows so I installed virtualbox with Debian to be able to compile it. I must admit I had to mess around quite a bit to make it work which, i'm certain, has a lot to do with the fact I don't know much about Linux. "Sudo"? What is that?  ;)

What I did/do (feel free to laugh) to make it work. I make the following directories by hand in the folder where I unpacked the oblige snapshot:

obj_linux
> ajpoly
> glbsp
> lua

Under the "install:" tag I replace the /games block and added a specific one for /prefabs since that also gave me problems with the latest version. See the "code" below:

Code: [Select]
#
rm -Rf $(SCRIPT_DIR)/games
cp -r games $(SCRIPT_DIR)/games
chown -R nobody:nogroup $(SCRIPT_DIR)/games
chmod -R 0755  $(SCRIPT_DIR)/games
#
rm -Rf $(SCRIPT_DIR)/prefabs
cp -r prefabs $(SCRIPT_DIR)/prefabs
chown -R nobody:nogroup $(SCRIPT_DIR)/prefabs
chmod -R 0755  $(SCRIPT_DIR)/prefabs
#

Then I run make install and everything works (for me).

Perhaps it helps.

Oblige is turning out absolutely amazing btw. I cannot believe the structures it throws at me. And the stairs are just wild! Its not "just" along single sides of the room as I first thought. In further playtesting I have seen pretty much all configurations (really surprising stuff sometimes). Its wonderful and does so much for the levels.  ;D

Red

redrage

Just noticed you are talking about 6.20  :o

Disregard my reply.

Red

andrewj

• Developer
No prob, thanks anyway Redrage, and I too am really liking how these "blended" hallway stairs are working.

BTW, I have fixed the Makefiles in both 6.20 and V7 git, and will upload a new source package for 6.20 shortly.

UPDATE: new source package has been uploaded.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:41:12 PM by andrewj »

redrage

Thanks for fixing the makefile. :)

Red