Author Topic: No such file or directory  (Read 1252 times)

Ça-los

No such file or directory
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »
I've been looking for other forums with this and i didn't find it. Just downloaded version 6.20 and the first time i click build and select the name it says "No such file or directory". I sent a print screen and the logs file.

andrewj

• Developer
Re: No such file or directory
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:49:31 AM »
Thanks for the report.

This looks like a bug in how non-ASCII characters are handled in filenames.  I will look into it.

In the meantime, please try saving the WAD file in the top of the C:\ drive, for example: C:\TEST.WAD

Ça-los

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 03:54:58 AM »
I tried creating it in C\ and it ran the program and showed the maps and stuff. But when i went to C\ with windows explorer it was not there. Even weirder when i click build and go to C\, the file apears there.

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 04:39:44 AM »
Hmmmm, that is truly very weird -- I have never seen something like that happen before.

It seems Windows is hiding the file, but I have no idea why.

Which version of Windows do you have?

Ça-los

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 05:01:17 AM »

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »
Please try the attached zip, it contains a new Oblige.exe file which should be extracted over the existing one (i.e. inside the Oblige-6.20 folder)

It hopefully fixes the original problem (no such file or directory error) -- but I don't know about the other problem with the file not showing up in Explorer.

Ça-los

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 07:06:20 PM »
It worked. Thanks!