Author Topic: ZDoom Bestiary tweaks.  (Read 902 times)

Glaice

• Contributor
  • Veteran OBLIGE modder
    • The Doom Video Vault
ZDoom Bestiary tweaks.
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »
The PK3 that compiles all the monster stuff I made for the custom monsters content have had the Diabloist and Tornado Demon removed. Why? The Diabloist pretty much is overpowered even after toning down the attacks and the Tornado demon's searching mode tends to put him in an invincible tornado state, pulling ground monsters around and getting them stuck in pits they can't climb out of.

I also think the new bosses except Superdemon should have a high skip prob because of their multiple high damage attacks, and even once the Overlord crashed Skulltag for me for some weird reason. The sniper also should have a fairly high skip prob due to the high speed, high damage (70-100 damage at 50 speed) attack.

Just my thoughts on the  plugin. :)

andrewj

• Developer
Re: ZDoom Bestiary tweaks.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 02:24:47 AM »
OK I have updated the module based on your suggestions, removing the Diabloist and Tornado and giving skip_probs to the bosses and other high-health monsters.

If you feel like it, maybe you could fix their full names (in the options list at the bottom of the module).

Glaice

• Contributor
  • Veteran OBLIGE modder
    • The Doom Video Vault
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »
I can give you proper names for the bestiary baddies with the attached file..

Link to PK3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AC7DTYEL (Feel free to link to this as instructions in the forementioned LUA if needed)

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
Thank you Chris, added the proper names and the four new monsters.