Author Topic: STICKIED: Possible Games  (Read 13733 times)

andrewj

• Developer
Re: STICKIED: Possible Games
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »
It might be possible one day in the future to support Serious Sam 1, and it helps that the source code is now available and the map format can be fully understood.

But right now I have a huge amount of work just to get DOOM maps working well (the new V7 code), and won't have time to support any other games for quite a long time.

Miner Of Worlds

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2017, 12:07:07 AM »
Would it be possible to add doom 64 support? you could use doom 64 ex or    
Nevander's gzdoom port doom 64 Retribution:https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/91854-wip-doom-64-retribution/ (oblige can just make doom 2 maps with the doom 64 texture pack for Nevander's port).

andrewj

• Developer
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2017, 12:03:37 AM »
Would it be possible to add doom 64 support? you could use doom 64 ex or Nevander's gzdoom port doom 64 Retribution
The doom64ex engine is a pain to work with, as each map has to be inside its own wad, and I don't own the doom64 rom, so I cannot even test it until I buy that rom.

Personally I just ain't very interested in Doom64, I just don't like that game very much.

Version 4.28 of OBLIGE could build maps for the Absolution TC which runs on an old version of Doomsday engine.  So you can try that, though 4.28 maps are pretty poor.